ESU 2021 Conference and Doctoral Program
August 29 - September 4 150€ – 500€
The aim of ESU is to strengthen European research traditions and networks in entrepreneurship by focusing on both scholarly sessions as well as on the culture and heritage the hosting country and region has to offer.
ESU also provides a friendly setting for junior scholars to interact and build ties within the research community, and to learn important skills for their future careers. Supervisors, researchers and PhD students from international institutions, active in entrepreneurship research and education, come together to share experiences and create new international networks, in a friendly environment.
ESU Doctoral Program is organized in the following format:
Plenary sessions on specific topics with keynote speakers who will inspire you and invite critical reflection on a variety of topics related to entrepreneurship: interesting topics, innovative methodologies, publication process, among other.
Group discussions and presentations where you will have the opportunity to present your work, discuss the work from peers and receive feedback from experienced scholars.
There will be three groups for the doctoral program:
- Early stage group: Students in this group have not started their PhD studies or are in their first year. They present their research proposals.
- Work in progress group: Students in this group are in the middle of their PhD studies and will present their early phase research.
- Mature group: Students in this group have completed their PhD research and will present their results papers.
Participating in the ESU Doctoral Program and all its tasks grants you up to 6 ECTS. Please consult the detailed overview of tasks in this link: Syllabus Hybrid program.
In addition to the Doctoral Program, the ESU Conference offers regular conference tracks open to all attendees. All the presentations will take place on Conference Day, Wednesday September 1. In particular, we invite submissions from:
- Postdocs: they hold a postdoctoral position. They are invited to present their own paper and perform as a discussant in conference sessions. They may also be invited to act as junior coaches for PhD students, and they have some dedicated group presentations.
- Professors: they hold an academic position (permanent or on tenure track). They are invited to present their own paper in conference sessions. They may be invited as senior coaches for PhD students in the group sessions and act, in some cases, as keynote in plenary sessions.
Due to the uncertain circumstances created by the pandemic, the format of ESU 2021 is being defined following closely the information released daily about the pandemic. Currently, the organizers are exploring the possibility of organizing the conference in a hybrid format: a limited number of participants who are willing and are allowed to be present in Groningen, The Netherlands, will attend ESU in person on site; the participants who are not willing or are not allowed to travel to Groningen but would still like to participate in ESU 2021 will follow the program online.
COLLABORATION WITH ECSB
ESU 2021 has the support of the European Council for Small Business and Entrepreneurship (ECSB). Every year, ESU hands out a best paper award per Doctoral program group. The winners of the best paper award (the first author of each paper) receive a one-year PhD membership at ECSB, which grants access to the network and to the different initiatives organized throughout the year such as webinars, paper development workshops, and access to information about the network’s main conferences.
April 16: Deadline for abstract submissions
July 4: Deadline for full paper submission
July 15: Deadline for early bird registration
For both Doctoral Program and Conference: max. 500 words abstracts, single spaced, Times New Roman 12pt, capitalized first letters in title, no more than ten words in title, no reference list. Since all abstracts are reviewed using a double-blind review process, it is compulsory that neither names nor contact details appear on the text (besides in the appropriate fields of the template).
A template of the abstract is available here (Abstract Template), and we ask you to use it for your submission.
Please send your abstract by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org