ECSB Visiting Scholar Programme
Aims of programme
ECSB’s Virtual Visiting Scholars programme aims to support early career researchers to develop their research agenda by collaborating online with faculty, researchers, and networks at a selected host institution.
With this virtual programme for its members ECSB builds on its extensive global network to make visiting scholarships more accessible for early career researchers to contribute to academic career development, fostering individual and institutional ties and strengthening international collaborative research.
- 1 semester or 1 academic year (each host university can specify their preference)
- Hosts are required to be members of ECSB and complete the ECSB host application form to be considered for the Visiting Scholar Programme
- Prior to the visit, the host agrees together with the visitor on a plan of research that clearly outlines the purpose of the visit, duration and expected outcomes
- Welcome the visiting scholar to the institution and introduce them to key members of the faculty, as well colleagues within the host department/research group
- Facilitate the visiting scholar’s participation in e.g. departmental meetings, research seminars and other academic events
- Offer the visiting scholar an opportunity to present their research in a research seminar at least once per semester
- Appoint a contact person who regularly meets with the visitor (e.g. twice a month). The frequency of meetings will be agreed between the host and the visitor at the beginning of the visit. The contact person follows up and modifies the initially agreed plan with the visitor on a regular basis
- Applicants are required to be members of ECSB and to make their application on the appropriate application form by the specific deadline set by ECSB
- Applicants are required to develop a plan of research for the duration of their virtual visit, preferably one which involves collaboration with a member of staff at the host institution.
- Preference is given to early career researchers (who have either recently completed their PhD or are about to complete their degree)
- On completion of the programme, scholars are required to submit a report/blog post/profile for ECSB website
- The host institutions send in required information about the visiting scholar position on offer
- Early career researchers apply for a visiting position. The applicant may apply to max. two positions.
- ECSB facilitates a matching process with visiting scholar and host institution.
- Successful applicants will be accorded the title of ECSB Visiting Scholar. This appointment does not carry any remuneration from the host institution nor ECSB.
- ECSB will assist and contribute to the visiting programme e.g. by organizing networking sessions for the Visiting Scholars
- Both host institution and visitor complete a short evaluation report for ECSB.
ECSB Virtual Visiting Scholars in 2022
Postdoctoral Researcher at TU Delft
Visiting at Entrepreneurship Unit, University of Turku
Postdoctoral Researcher at University of Bergamo
Visiting at Centre of Entrepreneurship, University of Groningen
Assistant Professor at Manipal Academy of Higher Education
Visiting at Hincks Centre for Entrepreneurship Excellence, Munster Technological University
University Teacher, Phd. at University of Turku
Visiting at Grenoble Ecole de Management, Entrepreneurship and Innovation research team
PhD Candidate at Kühne Logistics University
Visiting at University of Southern Denmark, SDU Technology Entrepreneurship and Innovation