ECSB Event Fund 2020
Applications are now open for the ECSB Event Fund 2020. The fund will provide financial support for members to organise or host a seminar, workshop, colloquium, policy forum or other event that fits the mission of the ECSB broadly conceived.
Applications must be submitted to ECSB by October 25th 2019 via the online application form.
Successful applicants will be notified by December 6, 2019.
Your application will be assessed by members of the ECSB board.
All funded activity will be publicised on the ECSB website and through our social media channels. You are also advised to publicise them through your own channels.
An ECSB supported event must satisfy the following criteria:
- The event must be led by an ECSB member. Collaboration across institutions and countries is welcome. However, one lead institution must be clearly identified. This institution will be responsible for managing the funding.
- Participants at the event will be offered a discount of €35.00 on a new one-year membership of ECSB.
- Events that focus on doctoral and early career researchers are encouraged.
- Where the event proposed is part of an existing event or conference, a clear rationale of the added value and distinct identity of the event must be provided.
- Events should not coincide with ECSB main conferences such as 3E and RENT, but pathways to the conferences through paper development are encouraged.
- Provide a report and blog post on completion of the proposed project/event.
- All funding to be claimed by 30th September 2020.
- Event organisers commit to co-brand ECSB. Organisers will be requested to co-brand ECSB where possible (e.g. by including ECSB logo on all events materials and web site and distributing to participants ECSB promotional materials prepared by ECSB, leaflets, brochures and complimentary copies of ECSB publications).
Applicants may seek support for any combination of eligible activity and cost up to the overall limit of €1,000 (payable on submission of receipts and report). A total of up to five grant awards will be made in this call. Costs may include speaker costs, catering costs, printing of promotional materials, marketing, printing of resource packs, travel/subsistence costs for participants, costs associated with recording the event. Funding cannot be used to purchase equipment or to buy out time from faculty employed at the hosting institution.