ECSB Event Fund
Applications are now open for the ECSB Event Fund 2023–2024. The fund will provide financial support for ECSB members to organize or host a seminar, workshop, colloquium, policy forum or other event that is broadly consistent with the mission of the ECSB.
Applications must be submitted to ECSB by April 20, 2023 via the online application form.
Successful applicants will be notified, latest by May 31, 2023.
Your application will be assessed by dedicated committee and by members of the ECSB board.
All funded activity will be publicised on the ECSB website and through our social media channels. You are also advised to publicise them through your own channels.
An ECSB supported event must satisfy the following criteria:he event must be led by an ECSB member (lead applicant). Collaboration across institutions and countries is welcome. However, one lead institution must be clearly identified. This institution will be responsible for managing the funding.
- The event must be led by an ECSB member (lead applicant). Collaboration across institutions and countries is welcome. However, one lead institution must be clearly identified. This institution will be responsible for managing the funding.
- Preference will be given to events that include ECSB membership through registration as a mandatory feature. In addition, the event should be open to current ECSB members.
- Events should result in a benefit for the ECSB community. If the event focuses on a specific target group (doctoral, early career, mid or advanced career scholars) this should be highlighted in the application.
- If the proposed event is part of an existing event or conference, or if the event has been in existence for a number of years, a clear justification for the added value and special identity of the event must be provided. Events should not coincide with ECSB’s main conferences, such as 3E and RENT. At the same time, pathways to the conferences through paper development seminars are encouraged. Please indicate clearly how your event connects to 3E or RENT.
- Provide a report and blog post on completion of the proposed project/event.
- The proposed events will take place between July 2023 – July 2024.
- All funding to be claimed by August 31st 2024.
- Event organizers commit to co-brand ECSB. Organizers will be requested to co-brand ECSB where possible (e.g., by including the ECSB logo on all event materials and website and by distributing ECSB promotional materials prepared by the ECSB secretariat (i.e., leaflets, brochures and complimentary copies of ECSB publications) to participants).
- Both online and on site events are encouraged (the budget varies per type of event, see below).
- The proposal must indicate how the funds will be used (see application form). We encourage applicants to detail the application of the fund and show how the fund is critical to the success of the event.If other funding is applied for or used for the event, you are requested to specify its type and application in the application form.
Applicants may seek support for any combination of eligible activity and cost up to the overall limit of €1,000 for onsite events and €500 for online events (payable on submission of receipts, report and blog post). Costs may include speaker costs, catering costs, printing of promotional materials, marketing, printing of resource packs, travel/subsistence costs for participants, costs associated with recording the event. Funding cannot be used to purchase equipment or to buy out time from faculty employed at the hosting institution.
A total up to of five grant awards will be made in this call.