ECSB Mission and Vision
What ECSB is
The European Council for Small Business and Entrepreneurship (ECSB) is a research-driven non-profit organisation. Our main objective is to facilitate the creation and dissemination of new knowledge through research and the open exchange of ideas between academia, education, policy and practice.
ECSB is recognized as the prime organization of European entrepreneurship researchers successfully engaging with the broader community of policymakers and practitioners and contributing to societal impact across Europe.
ECSB is a scholarly community that supports its members to develop high-quality intellectual contributions in entrepreneurship research, teaching and societal interaction to advance entrepreneurship in Europe.
In line with this mission, the ECSB is specifically dedicated to:
- Developing research skills of ECSB members to improve entrepreneurship research and the understanding of entrepreneurship in its various forms
- Contributing to the career advancement and networks of ECSB members
- Proactively catalyzing opportunities for ECSB members to engage with a broader community and stakeholders, both academic and non-academic
- Publishing and disseminating research and scholarly material to enhance the knowledge and expertise of its membership and other interested stakeholders
- Organising conferences and other events to promote the exchange of ideas and knowledge in the field of entrepreneurship
- Developing collaborative partnerships with relevant communities to maximize outreach and impact, including practitioners, businesses and policy-makers