ECSB is a non-profit organisation, whose main objective is to advance the understanding of entrepreneurship and small business issues. As an affiliate organisation of the International Council for Small Business (ICSB), it embraces the four pillars of ICSB, namely:
- RESEARCHERS, who provide the evidence on which decisions about SMEs and entrepreneurship can be made
- POLICY MAKERS, who are responsible for the road map for supporting SME development
- PRACTITIONERS AND BUSINESS SERVICE PROVIDERS, who help to nurture SMEs and facilitate entrepreneurship, through their advice and support
- EDUCATORS, who facilitate learning related to entrepreneurship and starting running diverse ventures
In line with this mission, the ECSB is specifically dedicated to:
- Improving knowledge, techniques and skills relevant to entrepreneurship and small business development.
- Developing an improved understanding of entrepreneurship in its various forms.
- Coordinating and cooperating with the various governmental institutions involved in encouraging and supporting the development of entrepreneurship and small businesses.
- Publishing and disseminating academic material (e.g. conference papers, research reports, books) to add to the knowledge and expertise of its membership and other interested persons.
- Organising conferences and other events to promote the free exchange of ideas and knowledge in the field of entrepreneurship and small business, both between ECSB members and with stakeholders and other interested persons and organisations in the field of small business and entrepreneurship.
For further information, please read a detailed versions of